Monday, March 25, 2013

SketchUp Model

This week I have undertaken the recommendation given by Matt to improve my second sketch up model. I have decided to use the following three textures to incorporate into my model.

Above: Molten


Ground: Fibrous  

 
 Below: Dense

 Overall


Above
For the building above I wanted to create a place where Stradivari could craft his instruments and also a room where he could test the instruments' acoustics. Hence I decided turn one of the circular rooms into a vault where he can also use to perform. 



Below
Using the feed back given, I decided to create Jiro Ono's studio to be carved underground. I wanted to incorporate the landscape into the construction of his building to create a balance between nature and man made. As a result, I created this growing oval shape underneath the surface of the ground which pops out from the cliff face and leads to a balcony.


No comments:

Post a Comment