Monday, March 18, 2013

3D Model with Stairs




Overall


This is the second section that has been turned into a three dimensional model. The following sectional sketch is based on the words rhythmic and balance.

 

This is the model I have made in SketchUp showing the two buildings together.  

Above

   

This is the stairs I have designed for the top floor. I wanted to continue with the notion of rhythm through the use of geometric patterns. Hence, I decided to use glass circle platforms hung by steel ropes to create a short flight of stairs. This should create a sense of weightlessness and freedom, like the sounds from Stradivari's  musical instruments.

 

Due to similar reasons, I have decided to make the studio from glass, white concrete and light oak. As a result, the studio should appear open and ethereal.

Below


These stairs are designed for the lower building, where I wanted to incorporate the layers of sedimentary rocks into the studio. So I have decided to carve the stairs out of the rocks instead to give a monolithic entrance and exit. This is further emphasized by the long tread and the tunnel formed out of glass and steel beams that appears to enclose the user in a long tunnel of stone. 


The materials I have chosen for this studio is glass, white concrete, steal and light oak. I also decided to incorporate the  sedimentary rock into the walls of the studio. By using these materials, I wanted to express not only the sense of balance found in the shape of the building, but the harmony found in the reuse of materials from the original site.



No comments:

Post a Comment