Voids and negative space articulate a sense
of secrecy
+
A synthesis with nature, a respect for
the landscape
=
Bridging between voids and negative forms,
and the landscape.
Domination of geometric models
+
Artificial cultivation of the environment
Dominating geometric forms create an
artificial environment.
Uniformity of simple spaces
+
“Grow right out of the soil wherever
sand and gravel abound” - Frank Lloyd Wright
=
Hence I decided to use, "Dominating geometric forms create an
artificial environment."Here is the building and the environment I created in CryEngine. I decided to go with an island environment where one side of my monument is placed in the shallow water and the other resting on land. I wanted it so that people who visit the monument can either swim to it or take a boat. I wanted people to enter the building from the rectangular sections removed from the monument and walk up flights of stairs to cross over to the other side, on to the island.
I decided to go with materials that is natural to the environment as the monument is a reflection of the landscape. I wanted the entrance to be monumental, hence the enclosed space and the thick walls. However, this gradually fades and opens up on to the island itself, blending in with the landscape.
By doing this I wanted to exhibit some of the architectural elements that can be found within both Frank Lloyd Wright's and Aires Mateus's work.
Note: I will be inserting projections on a later date.






No comments:
Post a Comment