For this experiment, we had to create a monument for Frank Lloyd Wright and Aires Mateu, who both worked with the landscape in very different ways. I wanted my monument to juxtapose their two forms of architecture, while considering how the "two" monuments connect with the landscape and articulate the space created between.
After discussing my concept, I decided to aggregate "Domination of geometric models" and "Artificial cultivation of the environment" and arrived at my final concept, "Dominating geometric forms articulate the landscape."
Using this concept I developed my textures, Sketchup model and Cryengine environment revolving around this idea.
This exhibits how geometric forms can both dominate and compliment the landscape.
This is done through the use of dark texture and shadows, which emphasizes the missing volume.
This is the bridge that connects the two separate styles in the monument through the combination of subtraction and addition elements.
Cry Engine: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gn6gptr9ucdnbuw/G9gOXyqDbmEdit: My Cry Engine download does not work, my model disappears when I opened the file in cry engine, please use this link instead.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pn8jobsqp3n9lif/ARCH1101EXP2WK2VS1.rar
No comments:
Post a Comment